Don't get me wrong - I love Netflix. I could sit and watch Disney films all afternoon or binge on back-to-back episodes of Mock the Week. My boyfriend and I have spent countless evenings/days off vegging out in front of the TV, only venturing out of bed to answer the door to a Domino's delivery.
Our Netflix account becomes even more inviting during Autumn, what with saving for Christmas and the slight chill in the air. However, I always love thinking of new ideas for dates and came up with a list of things to do when we get a bit sick of our TV. These are all activities you can carry out with little-to-no money and can be done pretty much any time of year.
- Challenge him/her to a board game (Cluedo is my favourite)
- Visit your local National Trust site. This makes for such a romantic afternoon out, whatever the weather
- Go bowling
- Build a blanket fort and enjoy an indoor picnic
- Attend a ghost walk or visit a haunted house
- Massage each other
- Order your favourite takeaway and complete a jigsaw together
- Visit a local museum
- Share childhood photos
- Attend an exercise class/go to the gym together
- Visit your local farmer's market
- Pick a town or city neither of you have visited and spend the day there
- Go for afternoon tea
- Take a long walk
- Put together a scrapbook
- Visit your local arcade
- Sit with a cup of tea and play silly games like Hangman or 'Would You Rather...'
- Go apple picking
- Create an indoor scavenger hunt
What's your idea of a perfect Autumn date? x